Saturday, October 2, 2010

Leading After Day 1

It has been many years since I led a regatta after day 1. I have 5 points in three races, finishes of 3, 1, 1. Second place is the guy that beat me in the first race. He has 10 points. Behind him there are a few people within a point or two.

The wind was 5 to 18 with more 5 and 18 than 10 to 12. It was a challenge with a small shifty lake.

Tomorrow I need to have one good race out of two. One finish in the top 3 should put the regatta away.

What a weird feeling. With a throwout there may be no need for me to sail the last race.

Although I won 2 races today, it was not easy. There are a bunch of people that could win races here. But I won the pin in each of 4 starts (including a racall) and stayed up front a lot. It helps avoid the crowds when you start well. In the first race I even tried to port tack the fleet. I had to duck 3 boats but made a good move with the start.

Tomorrow I just need to stay agressive and finish what I started.

1 comment:

  1. There was a typo in this. "Shifty" was missing the "f" in the description of the lake. By no means did I intend to insult anyone. The lake is shifty.

    ReplyDelete