Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pleasure Sailing

I had the pleasure to sail Tuesday with William Hudson to do some training, and then some pleasure sailing on his E-Scow with some of my family. It was blowing 10-15. It was the first E-Scow driving I had done in quite awhile. God how I love those boats. Of course William's is top of the line with everything in perfect working order.

Then Wednesday I sailed the MC-Scow with my daughter for about an hour or so. Emily drove for awhile. It was just as much fun as Tuesday but for other reasons. But an MC-Scow in 5 mph is certainly NOT and E-Scow in 15.

I've changed up my plans a bit purchasing a new boat lift for the MC-Scow. At some point it will be back at the cottage and not at the club. It will certainly help the damage control. The dock dings and boat banging has taken a few nibbles out of the boat. Plus I may do some more of this odd experience of pleasure sailing. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. In my experience, after I had aged significantly, having a boat in the water made a huge difference when it came to spontaneously going sailing without a race to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete