Saturday, April 10, 2010

state champions - check! World champions next?


The Victor indoor percussion ensemble (VIPE) finally succeeded in getting the state title in the top class this year. Wednesdaythe kids leave for WGI Worlds. Prelims are Thursday morning. Semi finals Thursday night. And if they make it thatfar, finals are Friday night.

I will update this blog as much as I can with the various goings on. I'm doing it through a blackberry though. So excuse the misspellings and such.

I saw rehearsals Thursday night. Three run throughs. They are working on such subtle improvements. It is amazing. But of course after about 200 hours of rehearsal the details are all that is left.

These kids are grade 7 through 12. I keep having to remind myself of that they are not juniors and seniors like the groups we compete against. Some of these kids are very young and in their first year. Amazing.

Ok so keep tuned in and I will keep blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment