Friday, April 16, 2010

Waiting for the Fat Lady

I'm sitting in the stands watching the last of the PIA groups on after out PSA class. The kids performed their best show in finals, the only job they had to do. Now we are waiting for the scores.

What an experience for the kids. How many times in their lives will they ever compete for a World Championship and actually be in contention? What an experience for us as parebts too. I say it often: how lucky we are to live vicariously through their experiences. Once they caught their wind after pushing the tons of equipment up hill and out of the arena after the show, their excitement and emotion boiled over. Tears, hugs, speaches, cheers, and more. The experience of coming out of the tunnel to cheers from the higher seeded groups, crowds of people we didn't know congratulating us, was very very cool.

The kids are off to put their uniforms back on for a full retreat. Scores and trophies start at 10 PM. They already earned a finals spot. So they have exceeded any goal we had. If they picked up a point or maybe more, they can pick up some places. I'm nervous.

Some pics and some short video will be posted soon.

I am so proud of my two kids, Emily and Danny. They both performed their best. I can't explain the feeling. Pride is too lame. Great job guys. I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment