Monday, June 7, 2010

No sailing

For some reason nobody wanted to sail Sunday about 1:00. I tried to tell them the worst of the front was already through, but they didn't listen.

Of course I also did not go out pleasure sailing. Instead I leveled the boat lift, burned the brush pile, measured out the template for the deck roof trusses, raised the water line out of the mud, and did other odd jobs around the cottage.

I did don the rubber suit and go swimming. I had to in order to level the lift. While I was floating around, the largest bass I ever saw decided to folow me . For anyone wanting to catch it, there is a real steep drop off in front of the point at our place. It, and half a dozen other Bass, lives there, about 15 feet off shore, about 10 feet deep.

In other news, it was award week at school. My son received two awards. The first was for maintaining High Honor Roll for all of Jr. High. The second was from the Music Department as one of two Band Achievement awards.

My daughter was announced as one of two Drum Majors for 2010.

Both kids are "special" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment