Monday, February 15, 2010

I Need a Bigger Garage

2700 miles for 2 races seems a bit much. After working in Jacksonville for a couple days I made my way home. First was a short hop to see my Dad in South Carolina. Then I tacked to Port on Thursday and banged the left corner in Charleston, West Virginia. This let me avoid the nightmare that was the I-95 corridor in the Northeast. Then Friday morning I tack to Starboard again and sail up through Pittsburgh to home in Victor, NY.

Saturday morning I took the salt-caked boat to the car wash. The hand sprayer thing did a nice job knocking all the crud off the boat and trailer. But at 19 degrees, the remaining water on the boat and spar froze solid pretty quickly. So the boat is in the garage melting and drying now. I figure another week of that before I pack it away for a couple months.

The next job is to get in shape. And I mean some other shape than round. The goal is to drop 15 pounds and regain some stamina in the next 2 months. In the meantime, I will shift my priorities over to the kids and indoor drumline.

No comments:

Post a Comment