Sunday, August 15, 2010

Really Big Wow



Yesterday was a perfect wind blowing stink from the South. The graph here shows the story with gusts into the low 20's. Reaching hard for a speed run, the outhaul let go.
Unfortunately that is not my story, it is that of my lovely wife sailing her Sunfish. I took the day to build a 12X20 section of dock to extend our pier out into the lake. Julie thoroughly enjoyed her day lounging in the sun and yes, sailing the Sunfish. It's good, because if she went the full year without sailing it, I was going to sell it.
Today is scheduled sailing. We have light winds from the South, rain, and a scheduled family gully climb. So who knows if I will even sail.
Friday evening I went to the yacht club to attend a memorial service for Brent Penwarden II, father of one of my best friends. It was my kind of ceremony, 3 hours of drinking with a 5 minute ceremony. While I was there I checked out the season standings. Through16 races I have 18 points after three throw-out races. Second place has 42 points. There are only three weeks left in the season with a regatta in the middle.
Between pre-season's racing with about a dozen races, and the 16 I have sailed season to date, I have sailed more races this year than any year previously. Very cool.
I also got a confirmation from another person that he will be purchasing an MC Scow. A couple more and hopefully we hit the critical mass where it becomes the fleet to join. I'd love to see a dozen on the line each Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment