Monday, August 2, 2010

Two Weeks Off - One Day of Sailing

Ok I have to qualify, 2 weeks off meant working Mon-Wed each week, checking e-mails constantly, working issues over the weekend, and of course the loads of family time. So actual sailing opportunities didn't present themselves often. When they did I had to choose between those and fixing broken cottage things or playing with the kids or sleeping in.

So no pleasure sailing at all. I did get out for a racing day, finishes of 3,1,2,1. I think I have about a 7 or 8 point lead for the season. That will go away in an instant when I skip a week.

What I did do over the past 2 weeks was laugh, probably more than the prior few months combined. I very much enjoyed the company of my kids and family, extended family, and lots of friends. I'd love to write a witty recount of the best of the vacation, but I only have a few moments to write this. Maybe some other time.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving me, Mom and Ruby some of your valuable time, lounging (watching you supervise new dock install), swimming, and taking us out in the motorboat. Loved it! Love you Bro!
    -- Big Sis

    ReplyDelete